Sunday, March 30, 2014

Birthday of Ayanami 2014(ish)

It's time for Ayanami Rei's birthday again! March 30th is not only Ayanami Rei's birthday, but also her seiyuu's, Hayashibara Megumi! AND on top of that, it's also Kawasumi Ayako's birthday! Such a special day! :D Two of my favourite seiyuus' birthdays in one day.

Sadly, it's been a very depressing and hectic week for me, so I didn't have time to take any new photos of Rei. Good thing is I finally posted my photos from last year's Pacific Northwest Ball-Jointed Doll Expo (or PNWBJD Expo for short, which is still not that short).



There were many props and dioramas to put dolls in nice setting there. I only brought Rei out to the Expo, but a lot of people were excited to see something they all like and put together in one Ayanami Rei BJD! I got to talk to quite a few people who knew who Rei was :)

I tried to do different poses for her, but it's quite difficult sometimes ^^; So this is the best I can do.

My friends also came for the long ride from Vancouver, BC to Bremerton, WA. The one on the left is Stephanie's Lilycat Cerisedoll and on the right is Altsune's Milly. I'm still waiting to see if I can go to this year's PNWBJD Expo or not.

Here's a clearer shot of Milly in her wizard robe!

Another shot of Rei. I used this photo as my computer wallpaper for a while!

Group shot with everyone who came to the Expo with the Jabberwocky!

Then a few weeks later Rei went to a meet showing off her new outfit from the Expo. I took a vote which outfit to get for her during the Expo and everyone voted for the skirt version of this marine uniform from BlueFairy!

Hats off to Rei!

I tried to do a model shot here where she's playing with the strap ^_^

A close up of the last shot. Really love her face!

And that's it for another yearly tradition on my blog. Hopefully next time I can do new photos instead of posting old photos from last year ^^;;; Leaving you a shot with almost all of my resin girls in my collection. Rie in the pink watermelon outfit and Eri, the purin princess in the front.

2 comments: