Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring is the Season for Ecchi

The spring season anime is calling me! So many ecchi, so little time! Unlike last season's obviously ecchi anime (Ladies Vs Butler), this season's anime seem to have more substance along with their ecchiness. Of course not all of them are good, but a much better story that kept me interested. I went a bit crazy on the screenshots... but hey, there were tons of ecchi scenes that I couldn't ignore!

Safe to say that this post is NSFW :P

Kissxsis
First up is probably one of the most obvious ecchi anime this season (apart from an anime I'll talk about later in this post). I think a lot of people already knew what to expect if they watched the previously released OVA. It's gonna be dirty, grimey, feely and touchy. Now I expected many ecchi moments from this anime, but I underestimated it since I thought it'll be downplayed for television broadcast.

I share these 3 guys feelings towards Keita.

The opening has a lot of skin...

So the premise is so very simple. A dad, who had a son from a previous marriage, marries a mother of twin girls live together. The twin girls and the son gets the go ahead to... go ahead with getting close to each other. Of course the two girls, Ako (left, above pic) and Riko (right, above pic), want attention from Keita, so competition ensues.

Riko gets the drop on Ako by showing off her chest to Keita in the first episode. I kinda want her to win, but the story seems to focus on Ako...

Ako's a bit late even though she's the older twin.

Feel free to facepalm here... I did.

A foreshadowing... Though I think they don't care even if the parents are there.

Bondage threesome incest. Awesome!

My eyes went wide open as I watched this... and uh... something else reacted as well. This is one of the scenes that I didn't think would happen because it's on TV... I really underestimated Kissxsis TV.

Dual attack!

Even the other girls are not safe from the ecchiness of the show! Knee pits!

"Chiran!" This girl wasn't in the OVA, so I'm curious how she'll spice up this show.

Roundhouse kick... Within a flash of knee pit.

Warning: This is a fantasy scene, didn't really happen in the show, nor is it drawn well to match what the characters look like.

No girl is safe from the ecchiness of the show. I really wonder who this girl is... It's starting to turn into a harem show instead of an incest show...

I have to say this is probably the first show that I realize has a tsundere male lead. The above pic show his Tsun side, while the picture below shows his Dere side. The dialogue in the show can be quite clumsy and awful. It annoys the hell out of me.

The ending has the two girls dancing, except they were made out of CG... MikuMikuDance in action?

Since I've been warned by a certain individual who will systematically murder anyone liking Kissxsis... "I dislike Kissxsis. I will not watch this show again."

Was that convincing enough? I loved the OVA! And despite the awful dialogue, I'm enjoying the TV show just because it's so damn ecchi and I'm gonna keep watching it!

Mayoi Neko Overrun
This is one of the first things you see when you watch Mayoi Neko Overrun. The title refers to the main male character's sister who runs a patisserie but also takes in a lot of stray cats. She tends to move around to help other people, so you don't even see the sister until the end of the show. The show instead focus on the younger brother and his childhood friend who are both orphans. She's a tsundere and surprisingly not voiced by Rie Kugimiya. Yes, that's her pantsu that you see above.

Yes, he gets beat up after describing the colours he sees.

Gorgeous legs, but the animation is a bit weird sometimes.

One of the main antagonist is the daughter of the headmaster that the main characters go to. She's an ojou-sama, but also a tsundere and a cosplayer! This seems fun. I hope they can keep this up.

The always "accidental" flashing seems like a staple in these type of anime.

And here is the third girl character who's probably going to be interested in the main guy. The first episode was so-so, mostly about establishing the characters, but I do want to learn more about this nekomusume, so second episode will be a definite watch. And I do want to learn more about the characters' name, because I completely forgot them as I'm typing this...

B Gata H Kei
This is the first anime of this spring season that I watched. I heard many ecchi things about it when it first came out and lots of Twitter feedback about it. I realize there's a second episode out already, but this is just my impressions on the first episodes for now. This girl in the picture above is Yamada. Yes, she's spreading her legs wide open. Yes, I'm enjoying it.

Knee pits in the opening!

Lots of censors obviously, but you can probably see what's happening there. Basically Yamada wants to have 100 "lovers", but she's very inexperienced and worry about guys who thinks her being a virgin really weird. She says she wants to have lots and lots of sex, yet she knows nothing about it. It's what makes the show great! She's so funny and awkward!

That awkwardness extends to everybody, especially to the guy who she first targeted because he's a virgin as well. So many great situations that I kept laughing and laughing!

Very awkward situations...

Cherries in the eyecatch... I love how she called the guy, "Cherry-kun" XD

Lots of skin so far... but that's because it's the physical test. Too easy.

The main male character's sister. Yes, just like Yamada, I completely forgot his name...

Flash of pantsu! Yamada is trying her best!

Mokkori... That gave me a City Hunter flashback. Yamada is scared of "Mokkori". I wasn't aware that this is ok to show on TV.

Gundammed censors! Apart from the censors, this is a really funny show, even without the visual ecchiness. Oh sure it helps, but just the awkwardness of the situations had me rolling on the floor laughing like an idiot.A definite addition to the watch list, especially since it's got "Ecchi" in its title.

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaoh
Sigh... first flash of pantsu and it's already censored...Well to be fair, it's actually a fundoshi, so it's almost thong-like here.

Well I haven't even shown the character's face but I'm ready to talk about this anime. Ok, fine, that is her face that is covering her ass... That sounded bad if there weren't any picture attached to this text. I saved the best one for last. I'm totally surprised by this show. Usually I hate shows about magic and/or magic schools (aside from Zero no Tsukaima) since it was overdone with Harry Potter. And I usually hate excessive character introduction and ecchiness in the first episode (like Ladies vs Butler). However, Ichiban Ushimaro no Daimaoh was very well balanced in the first episode.

Sure there's a lot of excessive ecchiness, but there were enough narrative to keep me attentive and to accompany all that panchira.

The story begins with Sai Akuto just transferring to Constant Magic Academy and met Hattori Junko through a misunderstanding. The anime seem to rely a lot on misunderstandings, but oh so fun! The Academy has a system similar to that talking hat from Harry Potter where it classify the students to whatever group, but instead of a hat, it's a spirit of a smoking bird inside a glass dome. This spirit can tell if the student is healthy and also tell what his/her future occupation is. Sai Akuto hopes to be a high priest, someone very virtuous and hopes to be helpful to everyone. Unfortunately the spirit read his future occupation as a Demon King instead. Fun ensues.

Rumours spread fast and the friend that he met, Hattro Junko, wants nothing to do with him even though he lucked out to be in the same classroom as her.

Lots and lots of misunderstanding makes this a fun and ecchi show!

Imagination running wild...

Sai's new underling as a Demon King... Possible yaoi situation?

Junko attacks! Flash of pantsu and knee pits abound!

Sai's homeroom teacher's outfit gets damaged... Yum! She promises to bring him to life if he ever gets killed... So she can analyze him... Very convenient to have her as a homeroom teacher.

As I've learned from Sankaku Complex, this show is censored... This would've been a full frontal oppai shot!

Junko feeling humiliated and embarrassed after what Sai did to her (you'll have to watch the show to see what he did to her :P)

Fundoshi looks great on Junko!

New girls showing up for additional ecchiness. She looks like another character I know from another show, but I can't pinpoint it.

Another shot for the knee pit's sake.

I thought B Gata H Kei was my favourite this season, but after watching this show I found a new favourite this season. I'm a bit worried that it might turn out to be a badly done harem show, but so far it's balancing out well between the narratives and the ecchiness. I'm also loving the concept how Sai wants to do nothing but good and help out others, yet his new Demon King reputation precedes his good intentions. Here's to the demon king... Let his shenanigans create more ecchiness in the anime!

22 comments:

  1. Going to start the KissxSis and Ichiban Ushirro no Daimaoh soon, B Gata H Kei are the best for me so far and Yamada's knee-pit are mine! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel envy for both male characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ecchi lvl surely makes up for the second apocalypse known k-on, and the lack of decent mecha shows

    Bike shorts,pantsu,ass, Fuwk yeah I approve spring of blood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, great, dood! I knew we'd come to an understanding *didn't see the fine print at all*.

    I'm wondering about the pointless censors - is that the trend now? Are people finding that... humorous?

    Of course, I don't mean the demon seal. That's a very important censor >.> B H seems to be chugging along nicely. Daimaoh however, took a blow with the 2nd episode; it felt really generic, like I was watching several similar series at once. I've still hopes for Sai Akuto though, so I won't give it up.

    Looks like I still have
    Mayoi Neko Overrun to attend to. Have to pay my old friend KUGIMIYA a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for reminding me why I hated anime. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really luv the voice of Nanoha in B Gata H Kei ^^
    Imagine Nanoha talking abt all the ecchi stuff.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like echi is being implemented more and more in anime. They are getting riskier too as the last season had breast exposure in Ladies vs Butlers. So I guess they're just taking it to the next step lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All in watch list!
    Somehow, B Gata H Kei's Yamada keep making me delude that Nanoha's saying that to me *Blush*.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Yamada: LoL fine, you can have your own knee pit :P

    @phossil: I know >_<

    @GunStray: I guess Heroman's the only "mecha" show this season, eh? Ecchiness to the next level!

    @Tim: What fine print? The censors seem to be an incentive for people to get the uncensored DVD/Blu-Ray. Ah I worry about Daimaoh... But perhaps our perspectives may differ once I watch it? Yes, give Sai Akuto more time XD Hmm... I didn't say that Kugimiya did the voice in Mayoi Neko Overrun ^^;

    @Snark: You're welcome! Next, I have Heroman in my sights.

    @Jun (i-pup): Hahaha is that who's doing the voice for Yamada? That's freaking great!

    @AS: Well I remember at one point (prolly around Rosario+Vampire) the ecchiness were all censored and cut down like crazy, but now it's back in full force! It's going up and down...

    @zh3us: LoL you Nanoha nut :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. That guy in KissXsis iss soooooooooo dammnnnnnnnnn lucky XD haha anywhoo
    what do you mean this post if NSFW?!?! THIS SITE IS NOW NSFW AND NSFS!!!(Not safe for School) 0_o LOOOL XD still though ;3

    ReplyDelete
  11. @rob
    Aw, darnit. I reversed 'surprisingly' and 'not'. You should've had more spaces in between them.

    I watched it; that was one heart wrenching opening sequence.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ehhhh some of these are so ecchi it's intriguing! Have to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Argyle: LoL just a fair warning :P

    @Tim: I'm trying to figure out what you're referring to, but can't figure it out...

    @Wolf: I dunno if any of these ones are to your liking though ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kiss x Sis never ceases to surprise me as it blurs the boundaries between regular anime and hentai. I don't usually watch shows like that. However, I am going to watch Mayoi Neko... Not too excited for it, but it can't be that bad...

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Yi: I'm watching Kissxsis just for the cheesecake, lol. I think if it was hentai, it might be more acceptable than a show on TV ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know, it's quite interesting to see Ningyo's take on Kissxsis is from such a different perspective with virtually the same screenshots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. For daimaou, make sure you watch the UNCENSORED VERSION ONLY! xDD

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Radiant: Great minds think alike, just in a different way. Did I just make a contradiction? It's like Tim and I are on the opposite ends of the spectrum except it's not a line, but a circle... Know what I mean? No? Good, cuz I don't.

    @Delon: Hahaha I found one uncensored version, so hopefully they'll do more :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. @E. Man

    Subdesu is doing the uncensored version according TT if you needs subs xD I like it much better, since the censored version is not really censoring anything that cannot be seen by kids anyway xD

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Delon: Oh ya, the censor isn't much, it's just incentive for people to buy the DVD/BD when it's out. I remember SubDesu is doing it, but they're a bit later than the other ones.

    ReplyDelete
  21. :I No.....just....no.

    ReplyDelete