Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tanned Swimsuit Yoko

Wave 1/8 Yoko, Swimwear Ver. - Limited Special Color Version

This would be my second Yoko, from Gurren Lagann, figure ever. Unfortunately I'm a fan of her a bit later when my money's running out... I did get an oppai mouse pad of hers at least. Anyway, this is the special color version of the figure which has tanlines. At first I thought the tanline looked awful on her because of the costume she usually wears. Later on though, I find myself wanting the tanline version after I cancelled my order from Hobby Search. I found that Hobbylink Japan still had the tanline edition, so I took the plunge!

So here you can see the original version on the box, and also the "Limited Special Color Version" label on the box. I really like Wave's packaging, very compact compared to some other 1/8 scale figures. She was shipped along with my Louise swimsuit figure, which had similar size box. The shorts she's holding is just barely peeking out of the box since it's so compact.

I really liked the white swimsuit, it was just a matter whether I wanted Yoko to be tanned or not. I'm surprised that they still have the tanline edition even though I ordered it much later.

Translations plx!

She's very stable even without the base, but her ponytail is sticking out, so better be safe and put on the display base. Oh and the belt is separate too. Unfortunately the belt is soft plastic and it didn't look the same as the one on the box. I'd squish it to put it back into it's shape, but I don't wanna wreck the plastic.

The tanline looks very subtle, which I am glad because of what I mentioned before. Though I thought it might've been TOO subtle. The price difference isn't so bad between the two that I didn't mind paying an extra 500 yen for the special color. It may not look too visible here, but if you look closer it's quite visible.

This is the spot that looked quite odd to me. If you see her hand where her glove is supposed to be. But I guess that's how it's supposed to look like...

Her paint job isn't too good since I see some spots that looked dirty. The seams look pretty good that it's not really visible. Her hair has quite a lot of seams though, but they aren't very noticable.


Low angle shot!

Cute face and cute swimsuit... AND thigh high stockings! I love this Yoko! And the suggestion that she stripped down from her shorts too hehehe. I really love the wrinkles around the swimsuit and her thigh highs as well. Very nice details.

This looks good as a wallpaper! Anyone want it? Just ask me and I'll resize it to your resolution ^_^

Oops, almost forgot to show you the base. Sandy base, very appropriate. Too bad I didn't have an appropriate background... For her size and quality she's quite inexpensive. I think it's because it's Wave. I've been paying attention to Wave's figures quite a lot ever since they released the Evangelion Angels series which used Yoshizaki Mine's art as the design. If I recall correctly, this is the first time Wave is doing something bigger than their usual 1/10 scale... I'm pleased with this Yoko and I'm glad they're doing well. I look forward to see what they'll release next.

No comments:

Post a Comment