Sunday, June 27, 2010

The War on Several Fronts

Yes, I'm still doing my 4koma series... I'm just so very busy lately. Or is it lazy? It seems like both. My work shift has finally been settled for nights. That makes it difficult for me to do anything during the day since I feel like I won't have enough time for my freedom before work. It's also been quite hot, which makes me very lazy in doing anything since I'd sweat too much.

Unfortunately I have no choice to not be lazy now. I've made too many self-commitments that make it hard to break away. First, my cosplay is finally done! I was able to get everything in my last week before Anime Expo. I'll talk more about that in a later post, but I'm just glad that monkey is off my back. Secondly, the work shift, albeit really crappy hours, finally settled down and got an actual time slot. Which means I can schedule some kind of figure shoots and such at the least. Thirdly, Anime Expo! This is gonna be crazy! I'm gonna meet many people whom I've never met before! I'm getting anxious and nervous. I think I haven't posted much in the month of June because I kept waiting for AX ^^; Fourthly, I have a few things I still gotta do before going to AX. The combination of having night shift and then have to be on the plane 5.5 hours after my shift is over is kinda crazy. As of writing this, I still haven't even packed yet.

Anyway, that's what I meant by "War on Several Fronts" in the title. Lots and lots to do! Especially with the 4koma. I just remembered that even though I could continue with Saber Lily, there's still the Haruhi vs Iron Miku I have to settle first. Busy busy. So here goes!

The Melancholy of Saber Lily Part 37


Just in case you don't know, Noble Phantasms are the special attacks from Fate/stay night. Saber's Noble Phantasms are Caliburn, Excalibur and Avalon. Saber Lily has all that plus the Fourth Wall Break.

I have to be honest... This was one of the easiest MOSL I've done XD I pretty much copied the first panel from January 15th and I had separate layers already ready from that date for the second panel. I only did 2 new photos ^^; Like I said, it's been very busy, but I made a promise to do this one at least. This is a prologue for a long arc I've been planning. After this will be the conclusion to Haruhi vs Iron Miku. I've got something special for that one, so hopefully I won't take too long of a pause to do it...

And of course as per usual, you can read the rest without looking them up here at The Melancholy of Saber Lily site. Oh if you notice, my Durarara parody's been taken down because Sony Music Japan only care about their properties and not the fans' creativity... So I'll try to upload that again at another time.


This is a bigger version of the last panel if you want to see. The 4koma Lily is holding is just the JPG file of that particular 4koma and I just pasted on here. I thought it had been a while ago so it's nice to refresh some memories visually.

10 comments:

  1. And now Mikuru's destiny should creep out; being manhandled and graped by everyone, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Yakuri: Hahaha. Mikuru will experience other kinds of abuse as well XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work man :3. Can't wait for the next installment ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wai wuh, cosplay?
    Masaka... Shirai Kuroko >.>?

    Dude, can't you get a night off? That plane ride 5.5 hours right after sounds killer. So AX is in Los angeles...? Why isn't it 'AE'? But anyhow, I'll be looking forward to your coverage there, my window to the world~

    I'm pretty sure Avalon alone is already capable of 4th wall break. Enuma Elish sunders dimensions, and Avalon bounced that back easily enough.
    So I'm still waiting on that epic showdown you'll one day do involving Excalibaaa, stunts and lots of sfx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah... Finally, the conclusion (?).
    Poor Mikuru, busted...

    Guess which figma I got myself. =D

    btw... I got hit by a massive dose of Touhou poisoning. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. @K: Thanks! Hopefully not too long of a wait ^^;

    @Tim: LoL not Kuroko. You'll see it soon here. Well when I planned my flight I didn't think I'd be working nights and I don't think I can take that night off ^^; Dunno why they didn't go with 'AE', but the one in Vancouver uses that now :P

    Hmmm... Well the Fourth Wall Break mostly refers that she can actually interact with what's going on in the comics by looking at narration boxes, pulling old 4komas and hurting the creator. That sorta thing. It's beyond what Avalon can do in my opinion ^^; Haha I'm planning for some fun for the next few ones.

    @bd77: Not conclusive yet. More to come! Oooh didja get Saber Lily or Haruhi? XD LoL I still haven't had the time to be poisoned by Touhou yet ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  7. @LS: is a figma Marisa. =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @bd77: Haha I see, I see. Touhou crazed maniac :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are we going to start seeing some Saber Lily x Mikuru action?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Yi: They'll have some kind of action, but perhaps not what you're thinking ^^;

    ReplyDelete