Monday, July 12, 2010

AX (Suddenly Acquired) Loots

Here comes the loot, everybody knows that here comes the loot! Ok, that doesn't make sense, but anyways after an anime convention, you expect to see the loot post going up :P I kept all the fancy paper bags from J-List and MangaGamer. They're kinda like loot to me XD Honestly I didn't buy too much. I wanted to limit myself because I already spent quite a bit just trying to get to Los Angeles for AX.

So let's get to the loots one by one shall we? I got a lot of small items that may not be too visible in the main picture.



Here are the games I got. Squishy Tank for the DS from the Natsume booth. It looks deceptively simple. You just touch 3 or more blocks that are together and they blow up the squishy tanks. But it gets really hard when the time runs out real fast! BlazBlue is something I've been wanting to try but the price was still too expensive in Canada. So when I saw they were being sold for $20 each at the Aksys booth, I took my chance. I promised Yakuri that I'll give this to her when she gets a PS3, lol. And finally Cat Girl Alliance was something I've been eyeing ever since I heard there's a futanari in it XD The JAST USA panel somewhat convinced me to get it.

The reason why I put "suddenly acquired" in the title of this post is because Yakuri gave me lots of things! Maybe half of the loot here! This was the first one she bought for me on the spot. A nice combination of Macross Frontier and Lucky Star. Konata's too cute!

And this one is also from Yaku-chan! I was ecstatic to see this! I never did get the glass or any Saber Lily related item except for my shirt, so this was awesome! I was worried it might break when I put it in my luggage, but thankfully I had lots of spare thick layers for this one ^_^

If you guessed that this is from Yaku-chan, then you're right! She got this free when she bought Higurashi & Umineko games from MangaGamer and gave it to me because... Well, I guess she's a fujoshi who's into yaoi and not yuri XD

I'm gonna owe Yakuri-chan big time ^^;;; This one is also from her. Probably the biggest thing I had in my luggage. I was carrying this around the time of the L.A. CGM Night and everyone asked what I got and I showed this to them and told them it was a gift. Everyone was amazed! Thank you Yakuri-chaaaan <3

Ok and these ones I got myself, lol. ToraDora Volume 1 premium box was something I was hoping to get at the convention rather than ordering online from NIS America. Good thing they had it all ready for me to pick up. In addition I was able to order ToraDora Volume 2 as well with free shipping to Canada! I was very glad I told them about my situation and wanting the series desperately. The other two is Gundam Unicorn Blu-Ray which is actually for my friend and the Gurren Lagann movie which I got so that perhaps Katsuyuki Konishi might sign it, but I gave up the chance so that someone else who`s dying for his autograph can have it ;)

By buying over $50 at NIS America booth, I was able to get this Laharl Prinny plushie for free! AND since I also pre-ordered volume 2 of ToraDora they let me get more free items, like the Prinny stylus and an artbook.

The aforementioned artbook is on the right. It sorta looks like a spiritual sequel to Rhapsody since it involves puppets... If they release it then I might get it. The Hakone map to the left is a free map that was handed out at the PopJapan Travel booth. I had to get it since it`s Rei :P

Here are the music CDs I got. The top two are from buying the BlazBlue game. The bottom two I got real cheap from MangaGamer booth on the last day. I only wanted the one on the right...

The one on the left is a compilation of games that I saw on Wolfheinrich's site, so I got it anyway since it's 2 for  $20. The one on the right is a ... Hardcore Ryoukujo Remix... Umm... how do I explain? It's something like this...


I had seen it a long time ago on AkibaBlog and my curiosity got the best of me. I didn't think I'd get to own it ^^; So here's my chance. I haven't listened to it yet though...

This figure set was something I scoffed at before I saw Bakemonogatari... Just another Puchi Nendo set, but after seeing the show and seeing some of the Puchi Nendo in action, I want one!! Especially Hitagi! Good thing Yakuri brought me to Anime Jungle's store where I researched that they have it, so they must have it at the convention as well. No tax either! Woot!

Lastly, Yaku-chan also gave me this... No, not the phone silly. I did get a new phone before leaving for L.A. though. Mostly because my old phone has a loose battery, so it shuts off by itself at times. Not a good thing to have when you're meeting a lot of people in a foreign land... Yaku gave me the dangling Rosa Chinensis and Lillian Academy logo from Maria-sama ga Miteru. She sure knows what I like ^^ I don't know if I want to keep them attached to my phone though... I don't want to lose them...

The next few things aren't loots, really, but just the autographed items. I thought I might as well put them together. This is the Macross Vocal collection signed by both Megumi Nakajima and May'n! It's one of my favourite albums and now it's signed! Freaking awesome!

This is the inner panel to the same album. I was hoping that Yoko Kanno would be signing to and I'd get her to sign on this one. It would've been freaking awesome! It never happened though... Maybe if Alto Saotome's voice actor comes, I'll get him to sign this :P

Yah! I also got Yuu Asakawa to sign my Nendoroid Luka box! I asked her if she can say something on the box, so she drew a word bubble saying "thank you" on it ^_^

And this is the last thing I got signed. Mirai Dakimakura signed by Danny. I was going to ask him to sign on the chest area just to prevent me from defiling his daughter XD But he just signed on the corner, heh. Now mind you, I don't see Danny as a celebrity, but as a friend... Who just happened to be popular ^^; I was going to come up to him and bring this dakimakura on me and ask him to "sign my chest!" Alas the opportunity didn't arise, lol.

So unfortunately because of the time constraint and my own stupidity, I didn't get these signed... Yui Horie's line was just too long and not enough time to get her autograph. I would've been able to get MELL's autograph on the last day, especially on my favourite CD single, except that I already packed my stuff in my luggage and not thinking the line would be short enough... I feel real sad not getting my Virgin's High signed T-T

Ok, well I don't want to end it at a sour note, so here are some more loots! These two shirts are actually for my brother and his girlfriend. I wasn't too interested in any of the AX shirt designs, except for the sold out ones. I could've special ordered it, but at $5 shipping... No thanks.

I really am a shirt collector. I have no idea how many J-List shirts I have now... But this one I had to get since it's To Aru Kagaku no Railgun's Misaka Mikoto!!

Here's the back side. Both says "Warning: Electric Shock". Awesome!

So yes, I had a lot of suddenly acquired loots but I spent quite a bit as well, especially getting both ToraDora volumes. It was all worth it though. Now I'm planning to reciprocate Yakuri's generosity :P

26 comments:

  1. You're welcome and no need to reciprocate, we're comrades after all! :D

    Oh in the end you did get that ecchi CD XD there's a lot o stuff there I didn't see beforehand, for the next AX I plan to bring 1000 bucks ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you got me. *snicker snicker*

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Yakuri: Too late! I already got a few things ready! LoL yes, I wanted to get that ecchi CD, but not at $20 each, lol. LoL I dunno, I think I showed you most of these, but maybe not the autographed ones. Seriously though... is $1000 enough!?

    @FatB: I'd get you the K-ON season 1 DVDs but they've only been licensed recently xP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you got good stuffs there, do want Misaka shirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome loot you have there! I especially love the Saber Lily glass, Haruhi and the Toradora! premium box. You seem lucky to be with someone so generous! XDDD

    I love the autograph Yuu Asakawa did on your nendo Luka box. >w< Hopefully the ink won't fade o.o

    Seeing how much loot you have and yet you told me that you were trying to constrain yourself from buying loot makes me think about how much I would need if I were to go to next year's AX... Makes me wonder, is US$1000 even enough? D: That's like around PHP50,000 *flails* T_T;;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh you got an Active planet CD! Me wantt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet swag. I especially like the autographs you got on the CD's and the Luka box. The Prinny plush is awesome ^^.

    It's always nice when you don't have to pay tax lol.

    Pretty cool that you got the free swag too.

    I can't remember but I think I played the Cat Girl Alliance game lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Yamada: I HAD to get the Misaka shirt. Good thing they still have'em in stock. Not too crazy about the red colour though.

    @ninjovee: Very lucky indeed and very lucky to be there. I was very glad the actual sellers offered lots of free stuff if you buy from them. And yes, very lucky to have someone generous with me ^_^ I'll try to wrap up that Luka box somehow. It was kinda hard to write on it in the first place ^^;

    Hmm... well considering I don't have much luggage space and the state of of my room, I had very good reason to hold back, lol. That's how I constrained myself XD

    @Wolfheinrich: LoL surprised you didn't get it yourself. Want the "digital copy"? ^^;

    @AS: Very glad to get those autographs. They were long lineups to get them 0.o Yeah, I didn't have to pay tax at the con nor at the border! SWEET!

    Cat Girl Alliance is a spring release, but I'm sure it doesn't take long to play it through ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saber glass and oppai mousepad my favorites from your loot.
    Hey that t-shirt looks cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, OMG, OMFMFG!!! That a lot of Awesome loot. Glasses, ero, and Shirts...Shirts yesss. Btw Those BlazBlue Disc, seperate OST?


    Lesson I've learned the hard way, nothing wrong with fujoshi's unless you picked a fight with the limb cutter type^^;;;

    ReplyDelete
  11. ARGH. I didn't even know that Railgun shirt EX ISTED!Now you have me wanting one, too ...*sigh*

    ...any shirts of A Certain LEsbian Teleporter, BTW?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @phossil: Yes, I dunno why I didn't get that glass right away back then ^^;

    @GunStray: The BlazBlue OST is separate from the game. Only available when someone buys the game in their booth, I guess. Haw, no need to fight a fujoshi when they're mature and well-mannered XD

    @Wavehawk: Go get it from JList! :D There's no specific one for Ms. Yuri Teleporter, but you can get this one instead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A bery nice loot you've got there. Macross Konata and ToraDora dvd would certainly be my favorites. ^^

    Autographed items were also awesome. Especially Nendo Luka. Talking about autographs, wish me luck as I'll try to make Minami Kuribayashi autograph my Chrono Crusade #1 manga this weekend. XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. YOU'RE LIGHTNINGSABRE!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus, and i was replying back, wondering who you were. =w=

    Ahhhaha so just, uhm, ignore my "uwa you're still on DC" comment(s).

    ReplyDelete
  15. *Sigh*
    I envy your loot a lot. So much great stuff you got at AX. Makes me want to go there really bad!!!
    Well, for games, you could had asked for some help as I know a couple of people from EB Games and I can get games for a pretty cheap price.

    I want a lot of the stuff you have!!!
    God, the autograph stuff!!!

    Must out do you at my next convention...FanExpo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Squishy Tank? Cute. Though you blow them up? That's horrible, can't you just have them as mascots or playable characters or something?
    Freaking BB! But then we're on different consoles, of course... And dude, you've got a lot of games on the backburner, let me tell you that >.>

    Also, good work getting Unicorn and Gurren-hen, two things to support if ever. And the BB OSTs.
    Maybe just my rejection of techno, but that soundtrack, at least that one song you have there, is the most jarring thing I've ever heard in a long while D:

    Holycrap, Virgin's High! Now that was an under-appreciated OP.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @shikinami: Oooh definitely good luck on getting Minami's autograph. I would've liked to get her autograph as well, but I wasn't aware that Minami was stuck in one place in the convention in LA ^^;

    @Mimi: LoL, welcome back to the land of the (internet) living. I haven't been too active with commenting back, but I try to fill the net with my own content XD

    @Rin: You're gonna be going to Japan, man! You're gonna get more stuff than this, for sure! XD LoL good timing, someone told me about the 2nd BlazBlue game just now and I may want to get it if it's cheap enough ^w^

    Have fun at FanExpo! Don't overdo it ^^;;;

    @Tim: It's the part that makes it cute. Blowing them up make them squeal in such a cute way that you WANT to blow them up all the time XD Well I won't play too much of BB since I'm donating it as soon as I got enough out of it within this week. I'll go get the second one if it's cheap enough.

    The unfortunate part about Unicorn and Gurren-hen is that they're easily available in the U.S. but not here... Pisses me off! Virgin's High may be my favourite MELL's song ever! I think she said it was one of her favourite's too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's some epic loot! Was actually thinking about getting the bakemono set as well, but being married means less loot T_T. Welcome to the world of Blazblue man :3.

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely loots! Like the AX teeshirts ^o^ your word verification for me is "trapp" ROFLMAO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice loot!

    Love the Saber cup.

    Hardcore Ryoukujo Remix... Very interesting. ^ ^

    And good job on getting all those signatures! They make the loots all that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @K: LoL marriage is definitely a lot of compromise ^^; I suppose you can hint your bride that you want the set and she'll give it to you as a birthday/Christmas present XD And thanks! Hopefully it's a kind Blazblue world!

    @chun: Oooh you should've told me about the AX shirts, I could've gotten you one too! Haha very nice word verification.

    @Yi: Thanks! I'll have to think of something to do for that cup with the figma! It's definitely a very interesting CD... I'll do a review of it, just not on this site >.> The signatures were definitely hard work. Rushing and lining up to get them really work up a sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey don't worry about not able to get the AX teeshirts lol I'm glad to see your loots anyways ^^

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gosh... your suddenly acquired loots are like 2 or 3 months loot for me... I could never afford to spend so much suddenly....

    You're cool man....

    cheers...

    ReplyDelete
  24. @chun: Maybe next time then :D

    @Shewsbury: Thank you sir, but I'm really treading on dangerous territories after these spending, lol. I don't do these kind of spending that often, only at conventions ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, very nice loot! ^^ Konata is sooo cute! And I also like the Toradora stuff and the Misaka shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Xine: I agree very much about Konata. It's one of my favourite from this loot :D Ah I forgot I have a Toradora poster out of it too... I haven't opened it yet, lol.

    ReplyDelete