Friday, March 30, 2012

Birthday of Ayanami 2012

Once again it's March 30th, Ayanami Rei's birthday. Which is also Hayashibara Megumi's birthday, who voices Rei. To celebrate I've finally opened up a few of my Ayanami Rei figures. Unfortunately no Ayanami Rei Shrine update this year since there are really not much room left in there ^^;

The first up is Christmas Ayanami Rei from the Puchi Eva collection by Banpresto. There are 4 in the set... But I only got Rei of course :P

I was surprised how big she is actually and quite heavy. The head size is about the size of a nendoroid. And yes I can probably place her on a nendoroid body :D

Yes, it's kinda out of season, but at least I've got a decoration for this year's Christmas :D

There's also a background for it. It connects to the other characters, which tempts me to get the rest of the set ^^;

The next one is from a relatively new comer in the figure making business, Sentinel. I like the art that this figure is based on so I picked her up rather quickly. Unfortunately she's not that popular... I do like her though. The face in the box art doesn't look like her at all, really ^^; The first thing I noticed when I opened the box, was this really enticing sent. It smelled like shampoo. I wonder if the smell of plastic was too much that they decided to spray the figure with something to get rid of the smell... Not that I'm complaining.

The figure itself is quite lovely. I like the face which is my main pull for getting figures. The hair looks kinda funny though.

Her disheveled uniform makes a nice figure though perhaps she was made to be too slender. The seams are barely there, especially in the hair.

The base is nice with the blanket. Though I'd think checkerboard base is kinda overused these days, no?

Her feet looks lovely ^^

Unfortunately there seems to be some defect in her left hand. It doesn't seem to lay flat on the base properly.

I know I'm not supposed to look underneath but her legs are super flat. They look like they're from a horror movie ^^;

I still like this figure despite the flaws. Hopefully Sentinel will keep improving because they have quite nice ideas for figures.

Lastly, I've finally opened my Rei figma ^^;;; She was released quite a while ago, wasn't she?



Oh it is also Kawasumi Ayako's birthday, who voices Saber. I had a nice idea where I put in Rei's head in Saber's body but lots of problem because Rei's neck and Saber's body are just not compatible ^^; For this photo above, Saber's head is kinda just in the hole and her head is a bit bigger than the body XD

Oh it is early, but Sakamoto Maaya's birthday is on March 31st, so maybe it's nice to have Lunamaria with the plugsuit too, lol.

Here's a side by side comparison of Rei and Saber. Rei is a little bit smaller and skinnier than Saber, but still got bigger breasts ^^;

And well since this is a figma of Ayanami Rei...... Here's a new 4koma strip!

The Melancholy of Saber Lily Part 69
Well... I guess no happy ending this time... -_- The "Blue Vs. Blue" title refers to why I like these two in the first place. Kinda like their primary colours and I like blue ^^ Oh and to be fair Saber isn't really my first figma. I think Nagato or one of the special edition figmas was my first :P What a disappointing 69th comic... Nothing ecchi... *sigh*... Next time...

Guess I'll have to enjoy Rei in another form...

5 comments:

  1. Happy B-day to dem both ^Y^

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I really like this blog-text! You have one Rei figure of my favourites Ayanami Rei figures! I love so much your Ayanami Rei School Uniform version.... You really like Rei. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do :) I knew I had to have this figure when I first seen it because I really love the original art style.

      Delete
  3. Happy B-Day Rei! :D

    Hahahahahaha that's one old figma, I totally forgot about it! XD I can't believe you didn't open her yet, wait actually I can... Man I really wish my room was like yours >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... It's been busy, lol. And yes indeed, not much room here >.>

      Delete