Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Melancholy of Saber Lily Special

An extra special episode of The Melancholy of Saber Lily! Gotta give Blowfish the credit for this idea. His comment on Yuri Mania 7 gave me quite a brainstorm!

The above picture was my attempt to edit Saber Lily so that it looks like she's using the computer. I'm running out of time to make it, so I just left it as is. It doesn't look as good as I'd hoped... She's browsing all my Weekly Lily posts to get an idea. She forced me to browse through Gelbooru to find specific pictures, but there were thousands of them!

Without further ado...

The Melancholy of Saber Lily Special

Seems like there's a reference to something in every panel! Did you guess what song is being sung in the first panel? I figured since everyone was posting about K-ON! I might as well make a reference to it. For those not in the know:



Did you see the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya novel in the second panel? I don't blame you if you didn't notice it since they really messed up with the cover there. They're using the original art for the hardcover while they're using this ugly dreck for the paperback cover! WTF!

Major edits in the 3rd and 4th panel... I took a picture of the bathroom and added Saber in there. I was messing around with the lighting effects in Photoshop a bit too much though, so it doesn't look too natural in there anymore. Oh like the 1/1 scale reference that I did there? XD

And the last post I had to ask my brother to take the picture since I'm... buried... Had to take a few photos because I wasn't specific enough on what I was looking for, but he went above and beyond and got me this nice angle. Oh noticed the Rumiko Takahashi-esque hand gesture? ^^

So hopefully I'll be able to continue with the regular story for next week... as long as Saber Lily didn't beat me up too much...

29 comments:

  1. "A 1/1 scale! I mean...I can explain" that fucking made me laugh XD

    And that's some badass photo editing you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats an awesome comic
    good ps skilla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great 4koma and computer picture! not bad editing at all, I've been wanting to try doing something like that for a while but never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Snark: Haw! That was so last minute addition XD I had this idea in my mind, but I didn't know how the dialogue was gonna do, so I just add as many inside jokes as I can!

    @lyfeprojekt & a. syalabi: Thank you *bows*

    @Persocom: Thank you lol. It took me the whole day to take pictures and edit them... I don't blame you for not getting around to it XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh cool, Saber Lily is now officially a tsundere :P

    Really creative, made me laugh hard while eating dinner XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol at the hand gesture at the end... Saber Lily had enough ^^;

    That's some good editing there. Keep up the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @konadora: Thanks! I didn't even realize I made her into a tsundere XD

    @Q: Zankyu! I was worried some people might not understand the hand gesture at the end ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha A 1/1 Scale!
    Perfect Figure Collector Reaction! ^^

    Awesome! Ive finally seen you beeing beaten up by Saber ^^
    Your Photoshop skills are better than you think

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Blowfish: Ahaha yeah, strangely, that's probably what I'd say if that really happens XD

    It's all thanks to you that I made this ^_^ I guess it's just hours staring at my edits that I thought it didn't look good in Photoshop anymore, so I thank you for your comment on that m(_ _)m

    ReplyDelete
  10. I almost thought you got a figma-size room when I saw the first pic! ^^;;

    Man, I wouldn't want to piss off 1/1 scale Saber.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Coco: Seriously?? Thank you for that comment ^_^

    And yeah, I'm definitely getting on Saber Lily's bad side =_=

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice comic you got there.

    Haha. Love your photoshopping skills.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @blood on the mirror: Zankyu zankyu! I always get self-critical when it comes to my Photoshop work ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just excellent:)
    Glad I took the time to scroll through your older posts, hehe^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. @aprilius20: Thanks for browsing the old posts too ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so cool! Love your 4koma. I been busy in my VN marathon lately and haven't been able to keep up with the blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Wolfheinrich: Thanks and no problemo, as long as you've got results from those VN marathons ^_^ You should see my blogroll... it's looooong! I'm doing a huge multimedia project for my next 4koma so it'll be a while til the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @YuKi~To: LOL! That's right. That's how Inu-yasha does it XD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Niiice~! Hahahaha!

    *wants saber lily* =.= But by the time she was released I didn't have enough money and the price was too high XD

    ReplyDelete
  20. @picchar: Thank you ^_^ Yeah, she sure was expensive, but to me I wanted both the figma and the game so I thought it was worth it... although I haven't tried the game yet ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL! You got away relatively unscathed if it was just a pile of manga being dropped on you...

    Imagine what a 1/1 scale Saber Lily can do with her "Excalibur" attack through your room...

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Ace: At least that'll clear some of the junk in my room ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dude! That's so awesome! Excellent work on the photoshopping man! The lighting fits really well! And yeah, got all the references. I lol'd!

    Keep it up man! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  24. @radiantdreamer: Ehehe, thank you ^_^ I agonize hours wondering if everything blended in ok, or not. XD I was having so much fun making all those references. Hope to work more on these comics soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is very nice, I especially like the animated gif version Looking forward to more!
    externe festplatten

    ReplyDelete
  26. ROFLMAO~~~
    Don't tell me you actually enjoyed being beaten up by HER, especially her 1/1 "showing up just for settling some issues with you personally."

    Hehe please excuse me...
    I randomly found your 4koma series n surely an amusingly amazing works you done.

    For the last panel, you might want to set Lily stomping right on top of the head instead of her foot just next to it "OUCH" (Just a raw suggestion)

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Yakobus: Thank you very much! I'm glad that my silly little 4koma series can be enjoyed just from a random search ^_^

    Tis a good idea for next time. I just didn't want to overwhelm myself after being crushed by the books XD For this one I just wanted to show that she was there in real life scale :)

    ReplyDelete